Although there are no known cures for epilepsy, many people with the condition find it easier to manage their seizures when they have access to medical marijuana. This is because cannabis has been scientifically proven to help relieve various symptoms of epilepsy. In fact, many patients use cannabis in conjunction with traditional seizure medications. Read on for more information about the potential health benefits of using medical marijuana to manage your epilepsy.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is one of the many cannabinoids found in hemp. It’s a natural compound found in the marijuana plant, but it has virtually no psychoactive properties—and therefore doesn’t make you high. In fact, research on CBD is still in its early stages, but there’s a lot of excitement surrounding it. Now, you can find CBD products in oil, capsule, and edible forms. CBD oil is one of the most popular products because it’s easy to use and has a wide range of applications.
Why is CBD effective for epilepsy?
CBD has active ingredients called cannabinoids that interact with receptors in the brain and body. The body naturally produces cannabinoids as part of its endocannabinoid system, which is involved in regulating a variety of bodily functions, including sleep, appetite, mood, pain, inflammation, and metabolism. When people have epilepsy, the faulty wiring in their brains causes seizures. During a seizure, the brain doesn’t work as it’s supposed to and ends up causing problems for the person, including disorientation, memory loss, and lack of awareness about themselves and the world around them. An epilepsy patient’s seizures can be treated with a variety of medications and therapies. One recent option is CBD oil. While there’s a lot of misinformation surrounding CBD and epilepsy, this cannabinoid has incredible potential when it comes to treating seizures. CBD works by reducing epileptic symptoms such as convulsive muscle spasms, impaired motor function, altered mental state, and sleep deprivation. Furthermore, this compound has a positive impact on the person’s overall health. It relieves nausea, promotes a healthy diet, improves blood pressure, and combats inflammation.
Benefits of CBD Oil for Epilepsy
- Anti-Seizure Effects – CBD has anti-seizure effects that make it a promising supplement for treating epilepsy. When used in conjunction with pharmaceuticals, it can reduce the frequency and severity of seizures. CBD can also be used to help reduce the frequency of focal seizures.
- Anti-Convulsant Effects – Epileptic people often suffer from a condition known as central nervous system (CNS) hyperactivity. This can lead to psychological disturbances, disturbances in sleep, and increased anxiety. CBD can reduce the intensity and frequency of these symptoms.
- Anti-Psychotic Effects – CBD can reduce symptoms of psychosis, like hallucinations, delusion, and agitation. This may have positive implications for people who are suffering from schizophrenia, as well as those who have experienced trauma.
- Anti-Inflammatory Effects – CBD has anti-inflammatory effects and can reduce inflammation in the brain. This, in turn, can reduce seizure frequency and severity.
- Regulating Neurogenesis – CBD has been found to regulate neurogenesis, the creation of new brain cells. This makes it suitable for treating conditions like epilepsy, where central nervous system (CNS) growth is abnormal.
- Anti-Anxiety Effects – CBD has anti-anxiety effects and can help reduce the stress associated with epilepsy. A person may find that their anxiety is reduced when they start taking CBD.
- Pain-Sensing Effects – CBD has pain-sensing effects and can help reduce the pain associated with epilepsy.
CBD is a natural substance found in cannabis that has numerous health benefits, including the benefits of treating epilepsy. CBD can help reduce seizures by decreasing inflammation in the brain and reducing seizures by reducing inflammation in the brain. As the stigma against epilepsy is decreased and more people are aware of epilepsy, more people will be willing to talk about their seizures. Epilepsy is a life-changing condition, and with the right treatment it can be managed, but it can also be a very difficult and isolating experience. CBD for epilepsy is one of many treatments that are helping to improve quality of life for those who are living with epilepsy. Visit Wccannabis.co online dispensary for all your cannabis needs.