Have you been wanting to try a new beauty product? Or maybe you’re curious about what other people use to pep up their look? If so, it might be time to expand your horizons and explore topical cannabis. As the name suggests, topical cannabis refers to using cannabis-infused products on the outside of your skin (i.e., topically). In this article, we’ll explain what topical cannabis is and how you can use it safely in your routine. Keep reading to learn more…
What is Topical Cannabis?
Topical cannabis refers to using cannabis-infused products on the outside of your skin (i.e., topically). You may have seen certain cannabis-infused products labeled as “topical.” The cannabis-infused products offer a wide range of benefits, which include anti-inflammatory, anti-anxiety, pain relief, and even anti-aging properties. Topical cannabis products contain a concentrated form of cannabinoids and terpenes that can be dissolved and absorbed by the skin. In addition, the products also contain other beneficial ingredients, such as vitamins, minerals, amino acids, fatty acids, and other chemicals. The cannabinoids within topical cannabis products include CBD and THC, which have been studied extensively for their medical properties. In fact, there is a plethora of research illustrating the effectiveness of CBD for treating a variety of health conditions including chronic pain, inflammation, anxiety, and even cancer.
Types of Topical Cannabis
- Topical Oils – Topical cannabis oils come in a wide array of scents and flavors. Because they’re applied topically, they are absorbed through the outer layer of your skin into your bloodstream, giving your body the benefits of inhaling the cannabinoids through your lungs.
- Topical Creams – Topical creams are similar to oils in that they are applied externally. However, they are thicker, providing more consistent absorption. Additionally, they are designed for long-term use and can be used to treat a variety of skin conditions and ailments.
- Topical Balms – The most common cannabinoid in topical balms is cannabidiol (CBD). CBD is one of the cannabinoids responsible for treating a variety of health issues, including anxiety, inflammation, and stress.
- Topical Sprays – Topical sprays are used to aerosolize cannabinoids and deliver them directly to your bloodstream through the skin. They are useful for treating skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and acne.
How Do You Use Topical Cannabis?
In terms of how you use topical cannabis, this depends on the product you’re using. For example, some topical cannabis products can be applied to the skin, while other products can only be consumed. Next, it’s important to note that the same rules apply to using topical cannabis as you would using any other health and beauty product. That means you need to follow the product’s instructions. For example, you should never apply topically consumed cannabis products to your skin if you’re pregnant. In terms of using topical cannabis for beauty, you can apply it to your skin, nails, or other parts of your body. Topical cannabis products can be used in a variety of ways, depending on the product you’re using. Here are some examples:
- You can rub a CBD oil onto your skin, nails, or other parts of your body.
- You can apply a salve to your skin or other parts of your body.
- You can use cannabis-infused bath bombs.
Health Benefits of Topical Cannabis
In terms of what topical cannabis products can do for your health, this is where the potential is the highest. As mentioned, topical cannabis is still a new product. This means that we don’t yet have decades of research and studies to explore this topic. However, the research that is available on topical cannabis is promising. Some of the health benefits of topical cannabis include:
- Treating skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and other autoimmune conditions – Easing pain and inflammation in both the skin and joints
- Treating cancer and other diseases and conditions associated with inflammation, cancer, and chronic pain, such as arthritis
- Boosting your immune system
- Improving your mood and reducing stress
- Preventing wrinkles, stretch marks, and other signs of aging
Safety Considerations of Using Topical Cannabis
Topicals can be useful for treating a wide range of health and beauty issues. However, you should always consult your doctor before using topical cannabis products as some may have contraindications. Before using topical cannabis products, it’s important to inform your doctor about your condition and how you’re using the products. Certain health conditions may make you more susceptible to psychological or physiological dependence. Your doctor may also recommend specific types of cannabis-infused products or may suggest using a cannabis-infused moisturizer. When using topical cannabis products, it’s important that you start low and increase the dose as needed. In addition, it’s wise to always start your day off with a low dose and gradually increase it throughout the day.
Final Words: Is topical cannabis for you?
While topical cannabis has only recently been discovered, it has a lot of potential as a natural beauty and health product. If you’re interested in trying it out, remember to follow the product’s instructions and consume responsibly. Remember, topical cannabis products should be used in the same way as any other health and beauty products you use. Visit Wccannabis.co online dispensary for all your cannabis needs.