As the name suggests, a sativa strain is suitable for individuals who like to stay active and have an active lifestyle. These individuals are more likely to be fond of activities that require them to be on their feet for longer durations of time. A growing body of research has found that sativa strains are associated with greater energy and motivation, which makes them a good choice for people who need to remain active throughout the day. This article takes a look at what a sativa strain is as well as information about their qualities, characteristics, effects, advantages, disadvantages and uses. If you’re new to cannabis or just want to know more about this type of strain before getting started, then keep reading!
What is a Sativa Strain?
A sativa strain is a cannabis variety that tends to promote feelings of wakefulness and energy. Individuals who are more likely to be cannabis users fall into this category, which is why sativa strains are often favoured by those who have to remain active throughout the day. Nowadays, many people tend to associate sativa strains with the outdoors. This is partly due to the fact that many sativa strains are grown outdoors. However, these strains can also thrive indoors and are suitable for anybody, regardless of their living environment. While sativas are known to be high in THC, they tend to be less potent than indica strains in terms of CBD and CBG levels. Therefore, it can sometimes be difficult to find a strain that has all the cannabinoids that you need.
Advantages of Sativa Strains
- Enhanced Motivation: A growing body of research has found that sativa strains are associated with greater energy and motivation, making them a good choice for people who need to remain active throughout the day.
- Increased Alertness: Sativas tend to promote feelings of wakefulness, which makes them a good choice for those who want to be more alert at work or school.
- Enhanced Effectiveness: Individuals who tend to consume sativa strains are more likely to be effective while working or studying.
- Enhanced Quality of Sleep: Like indicas, sativas tend to promote better sleep.
- Greater Appetite: A study found that consuming sativa strains before an exam increased students’ appetite, helping them to stay focused and improve their grades.
Disadvantages of Sativa Strains
- Dry Mouth: As mentioned earlier, sativas tend to promote dry mouth. If you tend to consume alcohol or caffeinated drinks, you might find that you wake up with a dry mouth in the morning.
- Dry Eyes: The de-icing properties of indicas can sometimes cause dry eyes, which can be uncomfortable when studying or working indoors.
- Increased Heart Rythym: Consuming too much cannabis has been shown to increase a user’s heart rhythm, which can be dangerous. If you consume too much cannabis, avoid strenuous physical activities, and drink plenty of water to prevent this.
- Increased Anxiety: Sativas are well-known to promote feelings of wakefulness, which sometimes makes users anxious. If you tend to consume too much cannabis, you might want to avoid consuming it in public places, as this might make you anxious.
- Less Potent: While sativas are high in CBG and THC, they are low in CBD and CBN.
If you enjoy activities that require you to be on your feet for long periods of time, then a sativa strain may be a good choice for you. These strains are known to increase energy and motivation, making them a great choice for active individuals who need to remain active throughout the day. Visit Wccannabis.co online dispensary for a wide range of sativa strains at great prices.