Cannabis has been used as a medicine for thousands of years, and there are many ways to use it. Concentrates, or oils, are useful when you want to take advantage of specific properties of the plant. This guide will help you understand the different types of concentrates, how they’re consumed, and what benefits they offer. You can find more general information about cannabis here
What is a Concentrate?
A concentrate is a cannabis product that has been produced from the resin of the cannabis plant. Concentrates are made by extracting the cannabinoids and terpenes in the cannabis plant to create oils that can be consumed. The cannabinoids found in cannabis plants create powerful effects when consumed as oils. When extracted and concentrated, oils can be inhaled, used as tinctures, or consumed as edibles. The inhale or vaporizer method of consumption is usually the preferred method when using concentrates. Vaporizers are used to warm and heat oils so that cannabinoids are released into the bloodstream and can be absorbed by the body.
Types of Cannabis Concentrates
There are many different types of concentrates, and they can be separated into two categories: solvent-based and solventless.
- Solvent-based concentrates are usually made by using butane, propane, or other volatile solvents to extract cannabinoids and terpenes from the plant. The cannabinoids and terpenes are then condensed together to create oils.
- Solventless concentrates are created by using a solventless extraction method. The cannabinoids and terpenes are extracted from the plant, and they are then combined together to create oils. A solventless extraction method doesn’t use solvents, so it allows for cleaner production and less risk of contaminants.
Benefits of Cannabis Concentrates
There are many different benefits to using concentrates. Some of the most notable ones include:
- Increased Effectiveness – When using a concentrate, you will feel the effects much more intensely than using flower. This is because you’re getting a purer form of the cannabinoids and terpenes.
- Greater Potency – The potency of extracts is nearly impossible to beat, and it makes them an excellent choice for medical patients.
- More Flavor Options – The flavors that are created when using extracts are much more diverse than those created with flower. This means that you have more flavour options to choose from, and you can find a flavor that works best with your own personal preferences.
- Short Absorption Time – Because extracts don’t contain any plant matter, they have a shorter absorption time than flower. This makes them a more ideal choice when you’re trying to get things done, as you will feel effects much more quickly.
There are many ways to consume cannabis, and concentrates are one of the most popular. Although you may be new to cannabis and unfamiliar with the different types, extracts are a great place to start. They’re usually a cleaner option than flower, and they offer many benefits. From increased potency to a wider variety of flavors, extracts can help you find the right cannabis for you. Check out Wccannabis.co online dispensary for a wide selection of cannabis concentrates.