There are many ways to incorporate cannabidiol, or CBD, into your well-balanced pet care routine. One of the most common methods involves administering hemp oil products, which can be as simple as giving your pet a treat once in a while. Hemp oil is derived from the hemp plant and it has a rich source of cannabidiol that offers numerous health benefits for pets and their owners. However, not all hemp oils are created equal. In this article, we’ll explain what makes one type of hemp oil better than another for pets.
What is CBD?
CBD, short for cannabidiol, is one of the many active compounds found in the hemp plant. Hemp is a type of cannabis, but it is different from cannabis used for recreational or medicinal purposes. The reason it is different is because it contains very little THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, which is what makes people feel “stoned” when they ingest marijuana. Instead, hemp is all CBD, with not even a trace of THC. CBD oil derived from hemp is completely safe for pets and people. There are numerous CBD hemp oil products on the market today that offer diverse ratios of CBD to terpenes, flavonoids, and other compounds found in the hemp plant. When choosing a CBD oil for pets, you’ll want to look for a product that has been lab-tested and verified for safety and efficacy.
Types of CBD Hemp Oil for Pets
There are many different types of hemp oil available for pets. They can be sub-categorized by the cannabinoid composition of the oil, the method of extraction, and the level of terpenes present in the oil.
- CBD Isolate – CBD Isolate is 99% pure CBD and is derived from the hemp plant through low- temperatures, high-pressure CO2 extraction. Because it’s a 99% pure CBD product, there is no trace of terpenes or other compounds found in the hemp plant, meaning it has zero odors and is entirely odour-free. It’s important to note that CBD isolate is not suitable for pets.
- CBD Hemp Oil – CBD Hemp Oil is a standard 50/50 blend of CBD and hemp oil. It’s a non-GMO, natural product that contains trace amounts of terpenes. The hemp oil component of the blend provides omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and helps to support a healthy skin and coat.
- Whole-Plant Hemp Oil – Whole-Plant Hemp Oil (HPHO) is a rich plant oil that’s derived from all parts of the hemp plant, including the stalk, flowers, and leaves. When extracting hemp oil for pets, CBD is separated from the other compounds present in the hemp plant. HPHO is an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and is safe to consume for pets. However, high temperatures are required to extract the oil. This process produces a hemp oil that has a strong hemp flavour and is not recommended for pets.
Benefits of CBD in Pets
There are numerous benefits of CBD for pets, including:
- Pain Relief: CBD is a proven pain reliever, and it works by interacting with receptors in your pet’s body that affect pain and inflammation.
- Anti-Anxiety: CBD oil products can help with anxiety in animals by providing them with a calming effect that reduces their levels of stress..
- Anti-Seizure: CBD products can be an effective tool in managing seizures in pets. CBD products can be an effective tool in managing seizures in pets.
- Anti-Inflammation: CBD has been shown to offer anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce the risk of chronic inflammation in pets.
What is the best way to administer CBD hemp oil?
It’s best to start with small dosages and work your way up to see how your pet reacts. You can orally administer CBD hemp oil products, or you can apply them topically as a salve or tincture.
How much CBD hemp oil should my pet take?
Pets respond well to a dosage that ranges from 10 mg to 100 mg per day. It’s best to start with a lower dosage, and then slowly increase it as needed.
CBD hemp oil products are an effective, natural way to promote wellness and combat disease in your pets. They can be safely consumed by pets, and they offer immediate and long-lasting relief from pain, anxiety, inflammation, and seizures. Visit Wccannabis.co online dispensary for all your cannabis needs.