Menstrual cramps are no fun. These muscle spasms can make it difficult to relax, let alone get any rest. That’s why millions of women look for ways to relieve their menstrual pain. Fortunately, cannabis is one of the most popular solutions to menstrual cramps. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of using weed as well as the top ways you can use it to ease your period pain.
What are the benefits of using cannabis while having a period?
Cannabis is a natural pain reliever, especially for menstrual cramps. This is because the plant contains chemicals known as cannabinoids. Cannabinoids are chemicals naturally produced by the stalk of the cannabis plant that interact with our endocannabinoid system, a network of receptors found throughout our bodies. The cannabinoids present in cannabis interact with endocannabinoid receptors in our bodies that are associated with regulating pain, mood, and other bodily functions. In addition to being excellent for pain relief, cannabinoids in cannabis also have anti-inflammatory properties that make it a useful treatment for menstrual cramps. Since inflammation is one of the main causes of menstrual cramps, the cannabinoids in cannabis can be very effective for reducing this pain.
Which products should you use to relieve menstrual cramps?
There are hundreds of products you can use while consuming cannabis to treat menstrual cramps. In general, you can consume cannabis in one of three ways: flower, oils, or edibles.
- Flower: This is the bud of the plant. The flowering portion of the plant contains the cannabinoids, which are the active ingredients that provide the benefits. Flowers can be smoked using a bong or a joint.
- Oil: This is a concentrated liquid that you can apply topically to relieve your cramps.
- Edibles: These are foods such as cookies, brownies, and granola bars infused with cannabis.
- Vapes: Vaping uses a device in which vapour is inhaled without smoke. It has similar effects with that of smoking a joint
- Topicals: Topicals include lotions, balms, sprays, anything that can be absorbed through the skin. These are ideal for sore muscles
Tips for reducing menstrual cramps with cannabis
- Start low and go slow – When first experimenting with cannabis as a treatment for menstrual cramps, start with low doses. You can gradually increase the amount you consume as you become accustomed to the treatment and as you feel less pain.
- Use sub-dermal patches – These patches are infused with cannabinoids and are applied to the hips or the buttock area. They are one of the most effective ways to consume cannabinoids via topical products.
- Use vaporizer pens – Another way to consume cannabinoids is via a vaporizer pen. These devices work similarly to e-cigarettes, heating up cannabinoids and allowing you to inhale them.
- Experiment with different strains – While it is important to find the right strain and method of consumption for you, it is also important to experiment and see what works best for you. You may find that you prefer edibles, sub-dermal patches, or vaping over smoking cannabis. This will help you find the treatment that best suits your needs.
- Stay hydrated – Another important tip for reducing menstrual cramps with cannabis is to stay hydrated. This includes keeping yourself well-hydrated with water, but also eating healthy snacks that are low in sodium and fat.
Cannabis is a natural and effective treatment for menstrual pain. In fact, many women turn to this plant for pain relief. The cannabinoids present in cannabis interact with the body’s cannabinoid receptors, which are found throughout the human body and can be activated by cannabinoids. These receptors can help reduce pain, regulate menstrual cycles, and improve mood. Cannabinoids in cannabis can be used in many different ways to reduce cramps. You can consume cannabinoids by eating edibles, vaping, or using topical products. Check out Wccannabis.co online dispensary for all your cannabis needs.