Stress can be an inevitable part of life. It’s something that everyone experiences, and depending on the person, it can be something that causes them to react in different ways. For some people, stress can lead to depression or anxiety. However, others are able to cope with it by using a certain coping mechanism or strain of cannabis. The strain we’re talking about is Indica strains of cannabis. In this article, we’ll be exploring what indica strains are, how they relieve stress, their pros and cons as well as some of the most common indica strains used for stress relief today.
What are Indica Strains?
Indica strains are the original strains of cannabis that are highly relaxing and are known for producing sedating effects. They are known for being ideal for reducing anxiety and stress. Most of the cannabis strains that are used for stress relief are pure Indica strains. However, hybrid strains also exist that are known as crosses between two different pure Indica strains. Hybrid strains are known for a unique ability to produce a “hybrid effect.” This hybrid effect causes the strain to produce a pleasant balance of the effects of the two parents, which may result in greater overall relaxation than either parent alone. Hybrid strains tend to be more popular with medical marijuana patients seeking pain-relief.
How to Reduce Stress with Indica Strains
As we’ve mentioned, the primary reason people choose to use indica strains is for their sedating effects that help reduce stress and relax the mind. For this reason, it’s important to choose a strain that you feel is the right balance of sedating and relaxing to help you reduce stress. Choosing the right strain is also important for reducing stress and maintaining your mental health. After all, stress can lead to mental health issues such as anxiety and depression. Here’s a few pointers on choosing the right indica strain.
- Pick a strain that’s right for you and your personality. Indica strains are known for being sedating and are best used when you want to unwind, relax and sleep soundly.
- Choose a strain that’s low in THC and high in CBD. THC is the chemical in cannabis that produces the high, while CBD is known to have anti-anxiety and anti-psychotic properties that can help reduce stress and maintain mental health.
Tips and Tricks to Help Reduce Stress With Indicas
- Start low and go slow. This will allow you to notice any side effects, such as increased heart rate, that could otherwise be a result of stress.
- Be patient with yourself and your strain. A lot of people choose to use cannabis to help reduce the stress in their lives but don’t have the patience to wait for it to take effect.
- Pair your strain with something sweet, such as organic dark chocolate that doesn’t contain caffeine, as it can increase your heart rate and increase your stress levels, also pairing it with something sweet, such as a piece of fruit, can help reduce your stress levels, as well as help you maintain your mental health.
- Remember that cannabis isn’t a cure-all. While it can help reduce the stress in your life, it’s important to remember that it’s not a cure for stress and it’s not a magic pill. You still need to exercise self-control and work hard every day to reach your goals.
There’s no doubt that cannabis can help relieve stress in many ways. With all of the different ways to use marijuana, there’s bound to be a strain that helps you relieve stress in the way you want. If you want to learn more about strains, visit Wccannabis.co online dispensary for all your cannabis needs.